OFF ROAD ADVENTURE (BERAT – CANYON OF OSUMI – SEVRAN – VJOSA RIVER – KËLCYRA – BALLABAN – TËRPAN – BERAT)
We will start our journey in Berat, a city with a rich history that dates back 2400 years. You will experience Albania’s true beauty, where you can choose to go rafting through the Osumi canyon or explore all that the canyon has to offer. After lunch we will ride along the mountains to the Vjosa River Përmet city. We will begin our day by Rafting on the Vjosa River & after rafting, we will enjoy lunch with local products followed by a visit to the thermal baths of Benjës. Following your relaxing deep in the baths prepare yourself for some off-road adventure to Berat.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Day 1: Arrival into Tirana
Fly to Tirana Airport in Albania and get transferred to Berat for the night before sitting down for a meal of traditional Albanian food with your fellow adventurers.Before dinner you will visit the old quartier of Mangalem and Gorrica.
Day 2: Rafting/Exploration in Osumi Canyons Off Road to Përmet
We will start our journey in Berat, a city with a rich history that dates back 2400 years. From Berat we will depart to the exotic canyons and waterfalls in Skrapar. Here you will experience Albania’s true beauty, where you can choose to go rafting through the Osumi canyon or explore all that the canyon has to offer, by hiking through it. The beauty of the Osumi canyon will allow your imagination to flow immersing you in its wonder and splendor. The walls of the canyon are littered with naturally forming sculptures, waterfalls, hollows, and much more that have formed over millions of years. Following the morning’s adventures, you will enjoy a traditional Albanian meal grown and sourced from the local Skrapar region.
After lunch we will ride along the mountains to the Vjosa River Përmet city. During your journey, you will be able to see and experience Albanian’s wild mountain landscapes, hills, lakes, villages, and wildlife. We will make a quick stop in Sevran, “the village of honey” to try the locally produced honey. We will end day one in Permët, with a traditional Albanian dinner.
Day 3: Rafting on the Vjosa River, Off Road to Berat
We will begin our day by Rafting on the Vjosa River. This river is one of Europe’s last free-flowing rivers, and is classified as a class III rapid. Prepare for waves up to four feet and narrow passages that will send the boat shimmying and water gushing over the sides. Vjosa River’s 270km course is wild and untamed, adorned with beautiful canyons, braided river sections, islands and oxbows.
After rafting, we will enjoy lunch with local products followed by a visit to the thermal baths of Benjës. Warm water rushes from underground to these pools year round, providing a relaxing treat.
Following your relaxing deep in the baths prepare yourself for some off-road adventure. We will head back to Berat but from a different off the beaten path road by Safaris where you will get to see and experience a perfect untouched landscape,Vjosa river –Këlcyra-Ballaban-Tërpan –Berat.
Accommodation for the night and a dinner will be in Berat.Visit and wine tasting in Çobo Winery
Day 4: Visit Berat’Castle
Visit the Castle of Berat. Berat’s Castle dates from the 4th century, though most of the structure is from the 13th. It’s a schlep up the cobbled hill from the main highway, and the castle is a neighbourhood in itself. The very pleasure is in ambling through the narrow streets, clambering around the walls, and admiring the outlook from 360 viewpoints.
Depart to Tirana,the capital city of Albania. Located in the center of Albania is enclosed by mountains and hills.. Considered one of the safest cities in Europe you will be able to spot remnants of its past and traces of the fast changes that it has gone through. We will visit the main sites like the Ethem Bey Mosque, clock tower, Scanderbeg Square, Orthodox Church and the BUNK’ART 2. BUNK’ART 2 is the first major video museum exhibition dedicated to the victims of communist terror. Optional free lunch. Departure to the airport.
- Rafting in the mighty Osumi Canyons
- Sightseeing of waterfalls
- Unspoiled nature
- Local lunch
- Wine tasting
- UNESCO’s culture site visits
- Bunk ART visit
- Rafting the last wild river of Europe
- Thermal Baths in Lengarica Canyon
- Local dinners
General Trip Information
- Typical class of water: III
- Best season to experience: February – June
- Level of difficulty (1-5): 2
- For the present activity you should love the outdoors, own good health condition and have consulted the doctor during the year. Kids over 5 years old are very welcomed from May to June.
- Previous experience or skill is not required.
You should pack
- Breathable light-weight waterproof gear (Goretex, Sympatex, etc)
- Wind-stopper jackets
- Small backpack with rain coverage
- Water bottle
Other recommendations are: – Camera – Mobile phone – Personal medicine if required (please inform your guide in case of emergency)
Please be aware that your host suggests putting on long trousers and hiking boots for the hike.
- Rafting trips in Albania do not provide high level of difficulty, but every visitor should consider:
- Age over 16-70 years (persons under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Be healthy and have consulted the doctor during the year.
- In absolute terms, the person should not have diseases and complications following:
- Cardiac disease of any kind
- Flake out or lose of feeling of any kind
- Problems of the spine and muscular system that reduce the physical possibility of safety.
- Problems with breathing apparatus
- Nerve Problems
- Problems with eyes (severe myopia, retinal detachment, glaucoma)
- Be under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs, drugs, alcohol.
- There are no limits of age and weight for the low levels: Class II (May – June)
Tirana Airport - 15:00
Your adventure begins at Tirana Airport (TIA) with your airport transfer at 15.00 You will meet your host and fellow adventurers in the arrivals .
Tirana Airport - 18:00
At the end of your adventure, you will be dropped back at Tirana Airport (TIA) at 19:00
- Professional guide certified from the Albanian Rafting Federation
- Rafting equipment
- Waterproof bag
- Airport Transfers
- Local Transport
- Meals As Described
- Tickets to the UNESCO’s Sites
- Happiness Guaranteed
! Kindly keep all your clothes and personal belongings in a backpack, which can be easily transported on minivan.
The trip fare doesn’t include coffee and any kind of drink except water.You’ll probably feel like tipping your guides at the end of a fabulous trip.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found
There are no reviews yet.