We offer a great opportunity to have a closer look at the amazing beauty of Divjake-Karavasta Park. Visit this natural oasis of untouched nature and of stunning biodiversity, the biggest lagoon in Albania. With a surface of 22 230 ha, the park is home to the rare Dalmatian pelican and so many beautiful birds. A birdwatchers heaven and a perfect place to relax and have a quiet time in the beautiful surroundings of the park.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Kayaking in the western part of the lagoon bordered by the Adriatic sea;
- Bird watching
- Local fish lunch
General Trip Information
Level of difficulty (1-5) 2
Our trips in Albania do not provide a high level of difficulty, but every visitor should consider:
- Be healthy and have consulted the doctor during the year.
- In absolute terms, the person should not have diseases and complications following:
- A cardiac disease of any kind
- Flake out or loss of feeling of any kind
- Problems of the spine and muscular system that reduce the physical possibility of safety.
- Problems with breathing apparatus
- Nerve Problems
- Problems with eyes (severe myopia, retinal detachment, glaucoma)
- Be under the influence of pharmaceutical drugs, drugs, alcohol.
! Kindly keep all your clothes and personal belongings in a backpack, which can be easily transported on the minivan.
You should have worn:
- Swimming suit
- Very sport light wear (short trousers and t-shirt)
- Sandals/sneakers for walking, strong and non-slippery
- A smile
You should take with you:
- Sunlight protection cream
- A pair of underneath
- An extra pair of long trousers, a t-shirt
We’re really flexible and none of our itineraries are written in stone, so if you have a particular interest you’d like to include or you need to leave a trip earlier or join later (at a pro-rated fare), just let us know and we can almost always make it happen. Likewise, all adventure travel requires a certain amount of flexibility and we sometimes have to make minor changes to the activities because of weather and availability, but we have plenty of options up our sleeve.
Optional tour (3-4 hours)
- Bicycle in the south part of the lagoon (30 Eur/ person)
- Safari (SUV) into the lagoon (40 Eur/ person)
Meeting point – Divjake Karavasta Tourists Office @ 10 a.m.
SUV trip to the western part of the Lagoon (about 30 min) and preparation to start the kayaking adventure.
2-2,5 hours paddling and swimming into the lagoon and sightseeing the Mediterranean Pine Forest near the Karavasta lagoon, and it contains one of the most interesting faunas of the country. Bird Watching. Divjake-Karavasta area provides the special conditions for accommodation of a number of plant communities and animal species, among which many of them are at risk of extinction in the world such as Pelican (Pelecanus Crispus Bruch).
After the kayaking, we jump to the car and go to taste e delicious local lunch (fish food-based but also meet upon request). After lunch, we go for 1 hour walking to the first observation point of the Lagoon and later we jump to the watchtower to have a sightseeing of the whole Lagoon.
For the present activity, you should love the outdoors, own good health condition and have consulted the doctor during the year. Kids over 5 years old are very welcomed.
- Professional guide
- Kayaking equipment
- Anti Mosquito spray
- Waterproof bag
- Light head
The trip fare doesn’t include coffee and any kind of drink except water. You’ll have extra activities (optional tour) if you choose them, and you’ll probably feel like tipping your guides at the end of a fabulous trip.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found