HIKING IN THE SHEBENIK JABLLANICE NATIONAL PARK
Day tour – The Shebenik-Jabllanicë Mountains are an area of great natural beauty and contain one of the most magnificent and breathtaking mountain sceneries in the Balkans.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The park area is distinguished for its rich and diverse flora. Shebenik – Jabllanice National Park is home to at least 14 glacial lakes, the highest of which are around 1900 meters. The mountains of Shebenik and Jablanica and the region of Rajcë has been recognised as an Important Plant Areas of international importance by Plantlife. Rrajca is now part of the UNESCO WORLD Heritage Property ‘Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany’.
- Hiking Rrajca glacial lakes
- Local lunch
Level of difficulty (1-5): 3
Things You Should Bring on the Hike
- Backpack. Recommended waterproof backpack;
- Hiking stick;
- Appropriate footwear. Hiking boots;
- Rain gear and extra clothing. Because the weatherman is not always right. Dressing in layers allows you to adjust to changing weather and activity levels. Two rules: avoid cotton (it keeps moisture close to your skin) and always carry a hat. Do not forget rain jacket for hiking;
- Sun cream and sun glasses;
- BONUS: Trash Bag. This 7th piece of gear is essential to making sure that the trails you love stay beautiful for generations to come. A zip lock bag is a great option as well for keeping the trash you pick up along the trail separate from the rest of your gear.
We’re really flexible and none of our itineraries are written in stone, so if you have a particular interest you’d like to include or you need to leave a trip earlier or join later (at a pro-rated fare), just let us know and we can almost always make it happen. Likewise, all adventure travel requires a certain amount of flexibility and we sometimes have to make minor changes to the activities because of weather and availability, but we have plenty of options up our sleeve.
Meeting point – Tirana
We can organize the pick up from any other hotel or guest house in Tirana and from any other city in Albania upon request.
Duration of the trip: About 10 hours
We leave from Tirana early in the morning and we will drive for about 2 hours to the starting of the hiking trail in Fushe Studen. We will hike up for about 2,5 hours to Rrajca lakes. There are four glacial lakes, 100 - 200 m long and 80-100 m wide, their depth reaches several meters. We will do a break for about 0,5 hours. Than we will hike down for about 2 hours. A delicious local lunch is waiting for us.
For the present activity you should love the outdoors, own good health condition and have consulted the doctor during the year. Kids over 14 years old are very welcomed.
- Professional guide
- Transportation with minivan
- First aid equipment
- Anti Mosquito spray
- Light head
- Water bottle (1,5 l)
- Local lunch
! Kindly keep all your clothes and personal belongings in a backpack, which can be easily transported on minivan.
The trip fare doesn’t include coffee and any kind of drink except water. You’ll have extra activities (optional tour) if you choose them, and you’ll probably feel like tipping your guides at the end of a fabulous trip.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found
There are no reviews yet.